One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hard, thick biscuit for feeding to dogs.
- ‘Sit outside and your pooch can sit with you, complete with his own water dish and a dog biscuit made on the premises.’
- ‘Teacher also included this extension: ‘For every 10 kilometers, each dog got a dog biscuit.’’
- ‘The next course was a handful of dog biscuits, the last of her spare pet-food.’
- ‘Okay, so maybe it doesn't beg per se, but at the very least it gets up and mooches over to the cupboard where the dog biscuits are kept.’
- ‘Clearly, turning a blind eye whenever the permanently famished Donald surreptitiously dipped into the tin of dog biscuits brought its reward.’
- ‘Dogs may wander to desks seeking dog biscuits from sympathetic employees, but most stick with their owners.’
- ‘They are the ugliest, worst tasting cookies this side of dog biscuits.’
- ‘On Railway Lake the carp provided all of the action with most fish falling to surface baits such as dog biscuits and floating bread flake.’
- ‘Two of the retired sheepdogs from the neighbouring farm occasionally come to visit us, and we make them welcome, give them a stroke or a brush and a few dog biscuits.’
- ‘Introduce a small number of dog biscuits to an area in which the fish are showing.’
- ‘I am fed up with doctors ordering me not to drink alcohol nor eat anything that is much more interesting than old dog biscuits.’
- ‘And as long as he's given enough attention and plenty of dog biscuits he never complains about the tasks he's given.’
- ‘For example, a simple stay or handshake may warrant a dog biscuit.’
- ‘Clearly, money is being spent on ornamental bird baths and organic dog biscuits in a variety of flavours.’
- ‘They also spray the animals with a citrus scent as well as using simple ploys, like dropping dog biscuits.’
- ‘Drive-through tellers hand out dog biscuits to customers who travel with their pooches.’
- ‘I was going to give her a few dog biscuits and water I had in the back of my car, but she was too wary.’
- ‘Besides feasting on goodies such as sausages, dog biscuits and chews, the guests will play games, such as tug the lead, chase the ball and musical dogs.’
- ‘The dozens of galleries and antique shops are yet to open; when they do, many will have under-the-counter stashes of dog biscuits for any canine visitors.’
- ‘Dr. Morris called the police, Grace and Jasmine began straightening up the living room, and Willie took his dog home for a well-deserved dog biscuit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.