One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hard, thick biscuit for feeding to dogs.
- ‘Besides feasting on goodies such as sausages, dog biscuits and chews, the guests will play games, such as tug the lead, chase the ball and musical dogs.’
- ‘They also spray the animals with a citrus scent as well as using simple ploys, like dropping dog biscuits.’
- ‘Sit outside and your pooch can sit with you, complete with his own water dish and a dog biscuit made on the premises.’
- ‘Okay, so maybe it doesn't beg per se, but at the very least it gets up and mooches over to the cupboard where the dog biscuits are kept.’
- ‘Clearly, money is being spent on ornamental bird baths and organic dog biscuits in a variety of flavours.’
- ‘Drive-through tellers hand out dog biscuits to customers who travel with their pooches.’
- ‘I was going to give her a few dog biscuits and water I had in the back of my car, but she was too wary.’
- ‘Two of the retired sheepdogs from the neighbouring farm occasionally come to visit us, and we make them welcome, give them a stroke or a brush and a few dog biscuits.’
- ‘The dozens of galleries and antique shops are yet to open; when they do, many will have under-the-counter stashes of dog biscuits for any canine visitors.’
- ‘On Railway Lake the carp provided all of the action with most fish falling to surface baits such as dog biscuits and floating bread flake.’
- ‘The next course was a handful of dog biscuits, the last of her spare pet-food.’
- ‘Introduce a small number of dog biscuits to an area in which the fish are showing.’
- ‘Teacher also included this extension: ‘For every 10 kilometers, each dog got a dog biscuit.’’
- ‘For example, a simple stay or handshake may warrant a dog biscuit.’
- ‘Dr. Morris called the police, Grace and Jasmine began straightening up the living room, and Willie took his dog home for a well-deserved dog biscuit.’
- ‘Dogs may wander to desks seeking dog biscuits from sympathetic employees, but most stick with their owners.’
- ‘They are the ugliest, worst tasting cookies this side of dog biscuits.’
- ‘I am fed up with doctors ordering me not to drink alcohol nor eat anything that is much more interesting than old dog biscuits.’
- ‘And as long as he's given enough attention and plenty of dog biscuits he never complains about the tasks he's given.’
- ‘Clearly, turning a blind eye whenever the permanently famished Donald surreptitiously dipped into the tin of dog biscuits brought its reward.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.