A staircase which has no well and a bend of 180° in it, usually at a landing halfway between floors.
- ‘It held many interesting features including fish-scale shingles, hooded windows and a dog-leg staircase between floors.’
- ‘The only way down from either floor is a dog-leg stair in one of the bunker-like concrete service cores which must rank as a disappointment.’
- ‘A plain but solid dog-leg staircase leads upstairs, jutting back behind the house to allow more space inside.’
- ‘If you are attempting to decorate or renovate a dog-leg staircase then it is best to use a combination of ladders, scaffolding and platforms.’
- ‘The dog-leg staircase contained within the wall is unusual compared to similar towers which have spiral staircases.’