One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of various ailments causing weakness and exhaustion, especially influenza or gastroenteritis.‘I'm trying to get over the dog's disease myself, so sitting on the couch today in front of the TV’
- ‘There are not many sheepmen who get through the week without contracting influenza or dog's disease.’
- ‘He was very distressed to know I had the dog's disease.’
- ‘Medical tests confirmed that her lifelong dog's disease was multiple sclerosis.’
- ‘Something should be done to reduce the many cases of dog's disease that come from the Sydney sheep sales.’
- ‘The huts were unlined and draughty, promoting an epidemic of dog's disease or upper respiratory tract infection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.