Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Even if it is an addiction that doesn't explain why they started it in the first place.’
- ‘So the current tactic is to tuck him back in first and if that doesn't work he gets a bottle of water.’
- ‘You sense that the man behind it was a stoical man and stoicism doesn't talk too much.’
- ‘If they want to award themselves titles that is up to them but it doesn't change a thing.’
- ‘He doesn't seem to care what you think of him but he's fascinated by what he thinks of you.’
- ‘The main reason seems to be that he doesn't want them to see what life is like here.’
- ‘He doesn't look his age and says that he feels and has the outlook of a younger man.’
- ‘Any voter who wants to vote but doesn't want to go to the station in person can apply to vote by post.’
- ‘I want to be a new kind of politician, someone who doesn't want to go into it as a career.’
- ‘He has had a look at the opposition and doesn't believe there is anything to scare him.’
- ‘It is quite shocking but her character is the only one in the family who doesn't swear.’
- ‘My husband is very busy and doesn't have time to come swimming with us at the weekends.’
- ‘He says there are two sides to the argument but doesn't say which side he agrees with.’
- ‘If she doesn't let up, he might have no option but to race for a replacement in four years.’
- ‘This may still make sense for some but for many of us it just doesn't work any more.’
- ‘I also believe that there is a bit more, but he has to be careful he doesn't run on empty.’
- ‘Why doesn't she go down to the soup kitchens and cook for the people who have nothing?’
- ‘The world really doesn't give you a lot of roadmaps to go by for that stage of life.’
- ‘It's a shame that she doesn't have that much to do in the film until the closing stages.’
- ‘In a way it doesn't surprise me that they seem to have jumped the gun on these trees.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.