Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person engaged in keeping records and providing information.‘the official documentalist of the British Olympic team’
- ‘In November l986, a national meeting was held for agricultural librarians and documentalists.’
- ‘I am a librarian, documentalist and archivist.’
- ‘The producer or documentalist can query by text, as usual, and by visual example, using stills or video sequences.’
- ‘Some trace this to the European documentalists of the late 19th and early 20th century, who had social and cultural goals in gathering and organizing representations of knowledge.’
- ‘Much attention is given to the documentalist's methods and instruments (most of which are borrowed from old techniques developed by similar professionals e.g., librarians).’
- ‘The relevance rankings of the journals varied among the different occupational groups (scientists vs. practitioners, librarians vs. documentalists).’
- ‘As one of the people interviewed put it, the documentalists are at the centre of the information revolution.’
- ‘Librarians and documentalists are already in the forefront of change.’
- ‘During the early 1900s the documentalists felt a need for a general term, which could describe the content of the documenting activity.’
- ‘The European documentalists of the 1930s, who had written mainly in French and German, were largely forgotten.’
- ‘Traditional librarians and documentalists will certainly have a pilot role to play in sorting out this chaos.’
- ‘The satisfaction that comes to the user from the documentalist is the satisfaction of being able to do things with documents in all available media and genres.’
- ‘This consideration could serve as an example of combining the requirements of the documentalist with those of the researcher in the field of metallurgy.’
- ‘This code seeks to express the basic responsibilities of the documentalist to his profession, to those with whom or for whom he works and to the public at large.’
- ‘One of the tasks proposed for the centre was to host and facilitate a workshop for documentalists on the continent.’
- ‘The remaining part is being treated and only accessible after consultation with the documentalist.’
- ‘These materials are meant to simply be guidelines for these documentalists, not complete education kits.’
- ‘A training workshop for researchers and documentalists was held for the first time in Gaborone in June 1997.’
- ‘The reality is that the number of health staff themselves is often inadequate - a documentalist would be a luxury.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.