Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A lightweight, typically flexible case for carrying papers.
file, binder, ring binder, portfolio, document caseView synonyms
- ‘It had see-through pockets to show off the owner's Chanel lipstick, a detachable document case and an eye-catching purple or red suede interior.’
- ‘He was as smart and cocky as ever and carried a little leather case, a document case which, combined with the unexpected specs, made him look kind of studious and academic.’
- ‘He was carrying a black document case and had a dark raincoat with him.’
- ‘She picked it up before it started on its journey, placed it firmly in the pad and the pad in a document case.’
- ‘Organize them in a cheap document case (which also fits a passport).’
- ‘He wore glasses, had a dark raincoat and was carrying a black document case.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.