Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A documentary:‘a doco on the D-Day landings’
- ‘Council fans may remember the amusing doco Rats in the Ranks about a Sydney council.’
- ‘They are so famous here that the State channel is profiling a doco on them as part of a new digital channel promotion.’
- ‘But it was disappointing that the doco failed to explore why TV3 and National Business Review polls told quite a different story.’
- ‘What I liked most about the doco was the shift in perspective.’
- ‘Actually, I thought the town and the people in it got a pretty rough deal from that doco.’
- ‘The only bummer about this series is the Saturday-night time slot, otherwise we applaud these top-notch docos.’
- ‘They showed a little doco about him on the weekend.’
- ‘This sometimes amusing and insightful four-part doco series looks at how Aussie neighbours get along.’
- ‘The doco was supposedly made by an obscure Venezuelan director called Carlos Soto, who had his own website.’
- ‘More people are doing this as docos are taking a less journalistic approach and are set up more like a feature.’
- ‘Subsequent generations suffered under this unresolved conflict, and their story is told in this doco.’
- ‘A better overview of the band can be found in the 2000 doco The Beach Boys: Endless Harmony.’
- ‘I've just watched a BBC doco on teenage sexual abstinence programmes in the US.’
- ‘I was so glad that the doco on Leigh tonight was laugh-out-loud funny.’
- ‘The doco, the most successful ever at its native Canadian box office, is doing well with audiences.’
- ‘Michael Moore who directed Bowling for Columbine was smart enough to interview MM for the doco.’
- ‘The doco talks with seven of the original kohanga kids.’
- ‘This is a moving, powerful doco.’
- ‘I also saw the tail end of an interesting US doco last night ' Weapons of mass Deception '.’
- ‘Aussie doco maker Mike Rubbo has an interesting conspiracy theory - the Bard was a fake.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.