One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Accommodation or berthing of ships in docks.
- ‘These services are priced in the terminal association tariff, while the port authority tariff deals only with terminal ground leases, wharfage, and dockage.’
- ‘Famed boating resorts like Marina Hemingway would ‘host’ all the American boaters, providing dockage, food and beverages.’
- ‘It does not cover those services which, by their nature, are consumed in the country, such as dockage and electricity.’
- ‘It's important when calculating the cost of dockage to keep in mind that most marinas will consider this a 39-footer.’
- ‘Also I get about two calls per day requesting long-term marina dockage for the coming season, all of which I must turn away as we are fully booked.’
- ‘These companies provide cleaning, maintenance, insurance, and dockage.’
- ‘The resort maintains 70 moorings, deep draft dockage, and is the venue for a number of rendezvous throughout the year.’
- ‘The marina offers 120 open and covered slips with transient dockage, short-term slip rentals and motel rooms with waterfront decks.’
- ‘With dockage assigned on a first come, first served basis, much of the recreational fleet is stacked 10 deep, rubrail-to-rubrail, so if you are one of the closest ones in, you'll have visitors transiting.’
- ‘Never mind that the 100-slip Yacht Basin offers the only deepwater dockage on Canyon Ferry, despite wide fluctuations in the lake levels.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.