One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘How docilely these people have lined up to be photographed!’
- ‘While they docilely accept the demands put forward by the employers, they see their main task as warding off and side-tracking the growth of resistance within the working class.’
- ‘I gave a gentle tug to the rope and the dog followed docilely after me.’
- ‘I grinned and docilely followed him over to the counter.’
- ‘At first, he had docilely complied, but it did not take long before he realized that he had become their favorite toy, and that his ‘supposed debt’ would never be wiped clean.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.