One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rich cake made of alternate layers of sponge and chocolate or mocha cream, with a crisp caramel topping.
- ‘The showstopper had to be a contemporary version of the Hungarian Dobos Torte!’
- ‘Opulent pastries included thick, silken chocolate marquis and a multilayered mocha Dobos torte held together by gorgeous butter cream.’
- ‘The judges wanted a modern take on the Hungarian dobos torte, a multi-layered sponge cake topped with caramel slices.’
- ‘Jennifer was baking dobos torte, so I stopped by.’
- ‘The bakers prepare yeast-leavened cakes, the 24-step Swedish princess torte and a contemporary version of the Hungarian Dobos torte.’
From German Dobostorte, named after József C. Dobos (1847–1924), Hungarian pastry cook.
Dobos torte/ˈdɒbɒʃ ˈtɔːtə/
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.