One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of patterned weave consisting of small frequently repeated geometric designs.
- ‘The shell is made from a seam-sealed nylon dobby weave with a waterproof, breathable membrane.’
- ‘An attractive dobby weave and three curved, exterior pockets give a retro feel to each upright of the Montego collection from Ciao.’
- ‘Examples of weaves include, but are not limited to, a plain weave, a basket weave, twill weave, a herringbone weave, and a dobby weave.’
- ‘At the end, we will optimize the number of shafts, and we will have a big dobby weave drawn in no time at all.’
- ‘Interpret the beauty of the desert sun with our new collection of woven stripes, all constructed of a 100% cotton dobby weave and made in India.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.