One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be able to be fastened.‘a shirt so tight that not all of the buttons did up’
- ‘My jeans won't do up anymore.’
- ‘It is buttoned down the front with five buttons, which also do up the men's way, and which are 10.5 cm apart, centre to centre.’
- ‘Some bras on the market now do up at the front.’
- ‘I have a whole rack of jeans that for some reason do not do up.’
- ‘I have put on so much weight that my posh dress won't actually do up at the back without making me look like I am a Diana Dors replicant that is carrying triplets’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.