One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Take illegal drugs.‘people who don't drink or smoke or do drugs’
- ‘I love my mum and my family and I don't think I really did when I was doing drugs.’
- ‘A decade into the war on drugs, it is clear that people are still doing drugs on a grand scale.’
- ‘Until treatment, Tammy thought she was a good mom because her children were always with her and she would not do drugs in front of them.’
- ‘Kris told me she realized smoking and doing drugs is stupid and harmful, but it made her look cool.’
- ‘She can do what she wants now - so long as it isn't pre-marital sex, doing drugs or smoking.’
- ‘I would not say kids are not aware of the dangers of drug abuse, but they disregard what they know and do drugs anyway.’
- ‘At the start I was just doing drugs at the weekend, but then I moved on to smoking cannabis at school.’
- ‘She's about to turn twenty-one, and doesn't drink, smoke, or do drugs.’
- ‘You're out all the time doing drugs, drinking, smoking and rapping!’
- ‘Those convicted will have to demonstrate their commitment not to do drugs, but no drug testing will be involved.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.