One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If this seems like a jarring blend of dot-com-era excess and 1960s-style do-goodism, well, so be it.’
- ‘A people more fully in touch with, and respectful of, nature than nearly anyone on Earth has borne the brunt of urbanized environmental do-goodism.’
- ‘This is bargain basement Nietzsche and Foucault, admixed with earnest American do-goodism, that still passes for ‘theory’ in much of the academy.’
- ‘George was not interested in proposing a tax reform by means of which government might indulge itself in every form of do-goodism.’
- ‘And, actually, the roots of this do-goodism are ultimately in New England Puritanism, which had many characteristics associated with today's left.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.