Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for dizygotic
- ‘If genetic factors are important, concordance in monozygous twins, who are 100-percent genetically identical, will be greater than in dizygous twins, who are only 50-percent genetically identical.’
- ‘The incidence of multiple births increases with the age of the mother but distinctly more so for dizygous rather than for monozygous twins and more so still for triplets.’
- ‘The zygote is dizygous, meaning two different eggs were fertilized by two different sperm.’
- ‘Monozygous and dizygous twins are difficult to distinguish at birth - finger prints and blood proteins are used.’
- ‘The increased concordance in dizygous twins over full siblings shows that the in utero environment is important.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.