One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for dizygotic
- ‘The zygote is dizygous, meaning two different eggs were fertilized by two different sperm.’
- ‘Monozygous and dizygous twins are difficult to distinguish at birth - finger prints and blood proteins are used.’
- ‘The incidence of multiple births increases with the age of the mother but distinctly more so for dizygous rather than for monozygous twins and more so still for triplets.’
- ‘The increased concordance in dizygous twins over full siblings shows that the in utero environment is important.’
- ‘If genetic factors are important, concordance in monozygous twins, who are 100-percent genetically identical, will be greater than in dizygous twins, who are only 50-percent genetically identical.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.