One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of twins) derived from two separate ova, and so not identical.
- ‘Twin studies have shown that the incidence of asthma is significantly higher in monozygotic twins than dizygotic twins 27-29.’
- ‘The chance of getting dizygotic twins increases with the age and the number of births that the mother has given, so it's not so strange that when you've got 6 kids along comes another pair of twins.’
- ‘The concordance rate of obsessive-compulsive disorder is also higher for monozygotic twins than it is for dizygotic twins which suggest that there is a genetic component to this disease.’
- ‘Like dizygotic twins, ordinary siblings also share approximately half of their genes; genetically, dizygotic twins are ordinary siblings.’
- ‘However, these studies may have overestimated the effect of genetics if monozygotic twins share exposure to more environmental effects than dizygotic twins do.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.