Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for pointillism
- ‘The actual art-historical purpose of this show is to help Signac escape from the shadow of Georges Seurat, the master theorist of pointillism, or divisionism.’
- ‘The artistic movement known as divisionism was an Italian response to the impressionists and post-impressionists.’
- ‘Seurat's theory of optical mixtures, which he called divisionism, influenced Signac, and the style eventually became known as pointillism.’
- ‘It sounds more as if there is a construct of divisionism on both sides that needs addressing.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.