Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A document that shows that a shareholder is entitled to a dividend.
- ‘In an environment where everything is being questioned, dividend checks are not.’
- ‘Firms wanting to transmit their profitability to outside investors need only show them the money, in the form of dividend checks.’
- ‘However, you can rest assured that no accountant can restate dividends and take back your dividend check.’
- ‘Meanwhile, cashing tax free dividend checks is now classified as a job.’
- ‘They are largely middle-class Americans who don't rely on trust funds or dividend checks for their livelihoods.’
- ‘One of the simplest ways for companies to communicate financial well-being and shareholder value is to say ‘the dividend check is in the mail.’’
- ‘Whether they are drawing their money from a government check or a dividend check, the essential issue is the same.’
- ‘No dividend check or special trip was mentioned, but he loved my gift, so that was enough.’
- ‘In many cases, the item collected is a cheque payable to the customer or a similar type of document such as a dividend warrant.’
- ‘After several court battles, Alaskan shareholders received their first permanent fund dividend check in 1982.’
- ‘Ex-dividend dates are used to make sure dividend checks go to the right people.’
- ‘But you can transform a dividend check into cash every quarter - and in this market, that's not lunacy.’
- ‘Each year, every Alaskan gets an oil dividend check from the state.’
- ‘The first dividend checks were distributed on May 20.’
- ‘If a new buyer realizes he has bought too late to receive the next dividend check, he will pay less for the stock.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.