Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A condition in which diverticula are present in the intestine without signs of inflammation.Compare with diverticulitis
- ‘Many people with diverticulosis have no symptoms at all.’
- ‘Small-volume diarrhea may accompany diverticulosis of the colon.’
- ‘The first, a man in his 30s, had severe constipation and resultant diverticulosis.’
- ‘If nothing else, they should help reduce the risk of heart disease, diverticulosis, and constipation.’
- ‘Apart from moderate colonic diverticulosis in the second case, each bowel was otherwise grossly unremarkable.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.