Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A condition in which muscle spasm in the colon (lower intestine) in the presence of diverticula causes abdominal pain and disturbance of bowel function without inflammation.
- ‘For unknown reasons, only a small percentage of patients with diverticulosis develop symptomatic diverticular disease.’
- ‘They are also formed during operations for bowel cancer, diverticular disease and after accidental damage to the bowel wall.’
- ‘What are the common symptoms and complications of diverticular disease?’
- ‘These people are said to have diverticulosis or uncomplicated diverticular disease.’
- ‘After recovery, you will be given advice from your GP on managing your diverticular disease.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.