One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A condition in which muscle spasm in the colon (lower intestine) in the presence of diverticula causes abdominal pain and disturbance of bowel function without inflammation.
- ‘For unknown reasons, only a small percentage of patients with diverticulosis develop symptomatic diverticular disease.’
- ‘They are also formed during operations for bowel cancer, diverticular disease and after accidental damage to the bowel wall.’
- ‘These people are said to have diverticulosis or uncomplicated diverticular disease.’
- ‘What are the common symptoms and complications of diverticular disease?’
- ‘After recovery, you will be given advice from your GP on managing your diverticular disease.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.