One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a valency of two.
- ‘However, EDTA is not ideal because it also binds essential divalent cations such as calcium and zinc.’
- ‘Experiments with erythrocytes were repeated with either sodium sulfate or sodium nitrate replacing the divalent ion at the same concentration.’
- ‘In an alternative model, two pairs of the negatively charged residues would chelate two divalent cations.’
- ‘Our observations support the claim that monovalent or divalent cations are not necessary to polymerize G-actin into F-actin.’
- ‘On different days, the standard protocol was repeated with the diluent containing different divalent ion concentrations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.