One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a group of terpenes found in plant gums and resins, having unsaturated molecules based on a unit with the formula C₂₀H₃₂.
- ‘Excessive amounts of these materials, which contain diterpene alkaloids particularly aconitine, can produce toxic effects and occasional fatalities.’
- ‘Correlations among all sesquiterpenes and among all diterpenes were also significant and positive for yellow-cedars (except for one minor diterpene).’
- ‘The active biochemical constituents are called guggulsterones, which contain diterpenes, sterols, esters and fatty alcohols.’
- ‘In conifers, for example, the diterpene content of resin has a direct influence on the rate of resin crystallization.’
- ‘Structurally diverse compounds including diterpenes, prostaglandins and steroids have been described in octocorals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.