One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a group of terpenes found in plant gums and resins, having unsaturated molecules based on a unit with the formula C₂₀H₃₂.
- ‘Structurally diverse compounds including diterpenes, prostaglandins and steroids have been described in octocorals.’
- ‘In conifers, for example, the diterpene content of resin has a direct influence on the rate of resin crystallization.’
- ‘The active biochemical constituents are called guggulsterones, which contain diterpenes, sterols, esters and fatty alcohols.’
- ‘Correlations among all sesquiterpenes and among all diterpenes were also significant and positive for yellow-cedars (except for one minor diterpene).’
- ‘Excessive amounts of these materials, which contain diterpene alkaloids particularly aconitine, can produce toxic effects and occasional fatalities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.