One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in South Africa) a doctor appointed to serve a particular district.
- ‘The magistrate resisted and Lopes had to call for back-up to get him to the district surgeon for a blood test.’
- ‘She was examined by a district surgeon and has filed an assault charge against the police in Somerset West.’
- ‘‘My grandfather was a district surgeon,’ he began.’
- ‘The local district surgeon was summoned and both were certified dead at the scene.’
- ‘He had his blood drawn by a district surgeon and was detained at the Fleet Street Police Station before being released on R500 bail.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.