One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A document outlining a council's plans for the management of land in its district or city.‘the council wants communities to shape the District Plan that will control future rural development’
- ‘One of the important issues presented to the select committee was the district plan for the Tasman area.’
- ‘That was why trees on private property got on to the District Plan.’
- ‘Under the district plan, he was allowed to subdivide the land into separate lots.’
- ‘Both have Historic Places Trust listings; both are protected by their respective district plans.’
- ‘Under the Resource Management Act, prosecution for district plan breaches must be filed within six months of an offence becoming known.’
- ‘The council's district plan would now have to be rewritten to enable mining.’
- ‘It should be pointed out that any development in the Auckland Domain is also subject to extensive controls, according to the district plan.’
- ‘They are appealing the decision through the Environment Court, on the grounds that the hearings committee has gone against the council's district plan.’
- ‘Whatever the Environment Court decides, the decision will have ramifications for the district plan which will echo down the decades.’
- ‘A four-year work in progress became a reality for Napier on Wednesday with the city council adopting the bulk of its new district plan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.