One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A document outlining a council's plans for the management of land in its district or city.‘the council wants communities to shape the District Plan that will control future rural development’
- ‘A four-year work in progress became a reality for Napier on Wednesday with the city council adopting the bulk of its new district plan.’
- ‘They are appealing the decision through the Environment Court, on the grounds that the hearings committee has gone against the council's district plan.’
- ‘The council's district plan would now have to be rewritten to enable mining.’
- ‘Whatever the Environment Court decides, the decision will have ramifications for the district plan which will echo down the decades.’
- ‘Under the Resource Management Act, prosecution for district plan breaches must be filed within six months of an offence becoming known.’
- ‘It should be pointed out that any development in the Auckland Domain is also subject to extensive controls, according to the district plan.’
- ‘Under the district plan, he was allowed to subdivide the land into separate lots.’
- ‘One of the important issues presented to the select committee was the district plan for the Tasman area.’
- ‘Both have Historic Places Trust listings; both are protected by their respective district plans.’
- ‘That was why trees on private property got on to the District Plan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.