One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A region of high unemployment and poverty.
- ‘The city has dedicated small amounts of money to distressed areas, but there hasn't been a capital injection by the private sector.’
- ‘In the past few years we've gotten a good national consensus on moving to a market-based approach to reviving distressed areas.’
- ‘Some of the towns have become distressed areas and focal points of frustration and bitterness.’
- ‘Better yet, if you're in an economically distressed area, you're not alone.’
- ‘Promote and leverage investment in economically distressed areas.’
- ‘Charleroi is surrounded by the Belgian gold mining area in Flanders and it's a very economically distressed area.’
- ‘The fund is also directing investments into economically distressed areas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.