One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A region of high unemployment and poverty.
- ‘The city has dedicated small amounts of money to distressed areas, but there hasn't been a capital injection by the private sector.’
- ‘The fund is also directing investments into economically distressed areas.’
- ‘Charleroi is surrounded by the Belgian gold mining area in Flanders and it's a very economically distressed area.’
- ‘In the past few years we've gotten a good national consensus on moving to a market-based approach to reviving distressed areas.’
- ‘Better yet, if you're in an economically distressed area, you're not alone.’
- ‘Promote and leverage investment in economically distressed areas.’
- ‘Some of the towns have become distressed areas and focal points of frustration and bitterness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.