One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He arrested a distraction burglar who targeted his neighbour's home.’
- ‘Three distraction burglars were disturbed during an offence but still managed to escape with the money.’
- ‘A total ban on all doorstep selling for property repairs will be the only sure way to protect older people from rogue traders and distraction burglars.’
- ‘"This is the worst distraction burglar I have come across in 21 years as a policeman and one of the worst criminals."’
- ‘Police are warning pensioners in north and west Wiltshire to watch out for a distraction burglar using an eight-year-old boy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.