One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See distractingas submodifier ‘some of my classmates are distractingly pretty’
- ‘Seated halfway back in the stalls, I thought the harpsichord sounded distractingly amplified.’
- ‘The left side was dominated by a towel hung distractingly askew.’
- ‘Then there is the rather jolly, leafy foliage that sprouts so distractingly from the top of the tubes.’
- ‘In his early forties, Martin is a wiry and capable - looking man, with one distractingly snow-white eyebrow.’
- ‘It is distractingly bright, however, and the south polar cap is becoming difficult to spot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.