One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She returned to her room at Pembroke and distractedly toured its hamster-hutch of accessories for living/processing time.’
- ‘My wife returned to the room to find the tree on the floor, with my arm and legs visible beneath, waving distractedly.’
- ‘Katrina stubbornly refused to veer off and wimp out like all New Orleanians distractedly assumed she would.’
- ‘Mumbling distractedly, she conducts me through the hundreds of exhibits.’
- ‘Therefore, one is against it, albeit somewhat distractedly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.