Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A place where spirits are manufactured:‘Scotland's southernmost malt distillery’
- ‘Some distilleries still honor this tradition while others use mechanical juicers.’
- ‘You may learn how she won a whiskey distillery in a high-stakes poker game.’
- ‘Beyond the distilleries and oatcake factories, our future lies in financial services, business services and the creative industries.’
- ‘Every distillery has a still that is unique in shape, its contours imbuing each single malt with its particular, individual taste.’
- ‘Until now, ‘production consolidation’ has been the watchword, especially with distilleries in Ireland and breweries in the UK.’
- ‘But gin is making a comeback, and a number of distilleries are bringing this traditional spirit some new-found respect.’
- ‘Produced by more than 100 Scotch distilleries, each single malt has a style and flavor all its own.’
- ‘There are seven grand malt whisky distilleries here, with an eighth, farm-scale distillery being built at Kilchoman.’
- ‘The Eighteenth Amendment forced all breweries and distilleries to stop making beer and spirits.’
- ‘There are more whiskeys on the glass shelves than you'll find in most distilleries and the staff are charming without being smarmy.’
- ‘Breweries and distilleries were upset that their businesses were being destroyed without compensation.’
- ‘It invites a dozen or more distilleries to come in and take over the patio for a day.’
- ‘It wasn't just the creamery, the local distillery had also closed down.’
- ‘He'd burn down his distillery before he'd stick out his foot and trip you.’
- ‘There were more than 2,000 distilleries in Ireland at one point, all busily trying to keep up with the world's thirst for Irish spirit.’
- ‘On July 6th they will visit the whiskey distillery in Midleton and travel onwards to Cork for a spot of shopping.’
- ‘Take the time, if you're passing the distillery, to go in for the tour.’
- ‘How can the Irish produce so many different and various whiskeys when Ireland has only three distilleries left?’
- ‘The Seelbach offers special bourbon packages, including room, bourbon tasting, dinner and directions to all the area distilleries.’
- ‘The only study known to address this issue directly was conducted with employees recruited to Scottish breweries and distilleries.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.