One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In abdominal disease the symptom is particularly associated with rapid enlargement of an encapsulated organ or distension of a hollow viscus.’
- ‘With muscular pain, the pain sensation may be due to distension or stretch of the muscular walls or to transient ischemia of the muscle.’
- ‘During the second stage, pain occurs from distension and stretching of pelvic structures and the perineum.’
- ‘Veins may become visible when the skin is stretched by generalized abdominal distension.’
- ‘What was interesting to note was the distension of some of the large veins on his forehead, and the petechiae over his face.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.