One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Well, I wouldn't be interested in bungee jumping,’ she says distastefully, without hesitation.’
- ‘I gawked at her in her evening gown and all of the champagne-sippers looked at my jeans/shirt combo distastefully.’
- ‘He could be distastefully off-hand when actually presented with the people he campaigned for, evidently happier to treat them as causes.’
- ‘She comes from what she rather distastefully refers to as the ‘owning-classes’.’
- ‘They fled a social order they found distastefully materialistic, patriarchal, and violent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.