One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Others might grow poor squandering resources by living dissolutely.’
- ‘Their suffering is generally caused by adults: a parent has died, or run off, or otherwise acted irresponsibly, drunkenly, selfishly, dissolutely.’
- ‘I dissolutely admit that veracious men with mediocre vocations make great friends but it's those carnivorous corporate men with hefty expense accounts that somehow get my hormones raging.’
- ‘Abandoned by her husband, who is tired of living in his wife's shadow, Malak is courted by Lamei, a dissolutely handsome con-man posing as a psychologist who wants to break into film.’
- ‘Even a proposal couldn't make his relationship work and he quit dissolutely in the erudition that there was too much love and too much hate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.