Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Difference; variance.‘the similarity or dissimilarity between humans and other animals’
dissimilitude, variance, variation, diversity, heterogeneity, disparateness, disparity, distinctness, distinction, contrast, non-uniformity, incomparability, incongruity, polaritydivergence, deviationunrelatedness, inconsistency, discrepancyunlikenessView synonyms
- ‘There were of course also many points of dissimilarity between them.’
- ‘History paints a vivid picture of disparity and dissimilarity between Emerson, Thoreau and Whitman.’
- ‘However, there are some troubling dissimilarities.’
- ‘Somehow, her physical dissimilarity was easier to understand.’
- ‘While the language surrounding the two programs may differ, the dissimilarities end there.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.