One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Characterized by or expressing disagreement; quarrelsome.‘dissentious rogues’
disaffected, discontented, dissatisfied, disgruntledView synonyms
- ‘He established cordial or dissentious relationships with most of the great contemporary figures.’
- ‘He would not then be an offerer of dissentious sacrifice, but a peaceable offerer of love and charity.’
- ‘In this film Scorsese employs two meal occasions to establish the signs of a dissentious household.’
- ‘By holy Paul, they fill his ears with dissentious rumors.’
- ‘What is the matter, you dissentious rogues?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.