Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Characterized by or expressing disagreement; quarrelsome.‘dissentious rogues’
- ‘He established cordial or dissentious relationships with most of the great contemporary figures.’
- ‘By holy Paul, they fill his ears with dissentious rumors.’
- ‘In this film Scorsese employs two meal occasions to establish the signs of a dissentious household.’
- ‘What is the matter, you dissentious rogues?’
- ‘He would not then be an offerer of dissentious sacrifice, but a peaceable offerer of love and charity.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.