One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Disturbance or problems which interrupt an event, activity, or process.‘the scheme was planned to minimize disruption’count noun ‘there had been no delays or disruptions to flights’
disturbance, disordering, disarrangement, disarranging, interference, upset, upsetting, unsettling, confusion, confusingView synonyms
- ‘Airport management said today there had been no delays or disruptions to flights.’
- ‘He is persuaded to make known the interruptions and disruptions he is heir to.’
- ‘When changes or disruptions occur, you are likely to consider first how to ensure that such disruptions do not upset your plans.’
- ‘We will not allow silly disruptions to disturb our events or disgrace our veterans.’
- ‘This disorder can cause major disruptions in family, social and occupational life.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.