Showing a lack of respect or courtesy; impolite:‘a deeply disrespectful attitude towards women’
discourteous, rude, impolite, uncivil, unmannerly, ill-mannered, bad-mannered, ungracious, irreverent, inconsiderateinsolent, impudent, impertinent, cheeky, flippant, insubordinate, churlishcontemptuous, disdainful, derisive, scornful, disparaging, insulting, abusivefreshView synonyms
- ‘She finds English people in general very rude, especially children disrespectful of their parents.’
- ‘He is widely disliked among his peers because he is disrespectful, argumentative and abusive towards people.’
- ‘Abigail had a reputation for being a wild, irreverent and disrespectful young girl.’
- ‘He said the amount of beer cans and rubbish was insulting and disrespectful to the people buried there.’
- ‘The problem lies in a deeply disrespectful, even contemptuous, attitude towards women.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.