One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Showing a lack of respect or courtesy; impolite.‘a deeply disrespectful attitude towards women’
discourteous, rude, impolite, uncivil, unmannerly, ill-mannered, bad-mannered, ungracious, irreverent, inconsiderateView synonyms
- ‘The problem lies in a deeply disrespectful, even contemptuous, attitude towards women.’
- ‘He is widely disliked among his peers because he is disrespectful, argumentative and abusive towards people.’
- ‘Abigail had a reputation for being a wild, irreverent and disrespectful young girl.’
- ‘She finds English people in general very rude, especially children disrespectful of their parents.’
- ‘He said the amount of beer cans and rubbish was insulting and disrespectful to the people buried there.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.