One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Showing a lack of respect or courtesy; impolite.‘a deeply disrespectful attitude towards women’
discourteous, rude, impolite, uncivil, unmannerly, ill-mannered, bad-mannered, ungracious, irreverent, inconsiderateView synonyms
- ‘The problem lies in a deeply disrespectful, even contemptuous, attitude towards women.’
- ‘She finds English people in general very rude, especially children disrespectful of their parents.’
- ‘He said the amount of beer cans and rubbish was insulting and disrespectful to the people buried there.’
- ‘Abigail had a reputation for being a wild, irreverent and disrespectful young girl.’
- ‘He is widely disliked among his peers because he is disrespectful, argumentative and abusive towards people.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.