One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See dispose‘a waste disposer’‘a disposer of grants and subsidies’
- ‘Nature is clever, isn't it, being both provider on one hand and disposer on the other.’
- ‘Two out of three Americans want a garbage disposer.’
- ‘Today's garbage disposers are efficient, safe, virtually trouble-free devices that anyone who knows how to use a screwdriver and wrench can install in a few hours.’
- ‘I am therefore not well disposed to accept its members' stringent criticisms of others.’
- ‘It is putting pressure on the government to speed up enforcement action against noncompliant disposers and managers of waste.’
- ‘Among the accessories were cookware and crockery, trolleys and storage racks, dustbins and garbage disposers, carpets and cleaning supplies, kitchen hardware and ventilators.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.