One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Remove feathers from (a bird).
remove the feathers from, strip of feathersView synonyms
- ‘The Owl will hoot that cannot sing, Spite will displume the muse's wing.’
- ‘The story is that the jackdaw was very quietly displumed.’
- ‘The Austrian eagle was only to escape from one enemy, to be displumed by another.’
- ‘The process of displuming the birds is simple enough.’
- ‘The storm displumes my wings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.