One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Despite my displeasingly casual manner and dress, I was tolerated until some new Office Manager turned up on the scene.’
- ‘Jasmine kicked a discarded camera cartridge along the sidewalk as she trudged down a street of displeasingly samey motels. ‘Bloody tourists.’’
- ‘Tempting David to be displeasingly destructive, Martin tells him that his toys really look much better in pieces.’
- ‘‘Nobody is going in the river,’ Bane looked at both of them displeasingly, ‘I am Bane, mercenary, the young man here is Silas Avon, archer, and you are?’’
- ‘Somehow, because they never lost sight of core aesthetic principles that began with their dark self-titled debut in 1984, their borrowing never seemed displeasingly imperialistic or slanted toward cultural tourism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.