One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He admires her as a show woman - a displayer of womanhood - which is his stock in trade.’
- ‘If you can only eat the hot dog produced by the best movie displayer on a particular night that you want to watch a movie, and you aren't allowed to bring in hot dogs from outside the movie theater, is this a socially optimum system?’
- ‘The dichotomy between male and female-male as arbiter of reason and female as displayer of passion-makes me uncomfortable.’
- ‘If at all possible, get permission to enter the preparation room to see what experienced displayers do before the judging begins.’
- ‘One displayer (stuck in a box seat on the side) even had a clever sign stuck on the wall behind him saying: ‘Welcome to Tokyo’ in order to illustrate various things such as remote assistance, Instant Messenger and more.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.