One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pump in which liquid is moved out of the pump chamber by a moving surface or by the introduction of compressed air or gas.
- ‘Joule, son of a brewer, invented electric welding and the displacement pump and worked with Lord Kelvin to create more accurate thermometers.’
- ‘Both models offer energy efficiency, low noise levels, high accuracy, and repeatability thanks to an electronically regulated variable displacement pump.’
- ‘‘A variable displacement pump gives you a very good feel for the machine,’ says Lao.’
- ‘The clearances in these positive displacement pumps are close; they wear quickly when abrasives are pumped.’
- ‘The company's positive displacement pumps have been designed to minimize shear, which may cause product damage and thus reduced product quality.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.