One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounChristian Theology
Belief in a system of historical progression, as revealed in the Bible, consisting of a series of stages in God's self-revelation and plan of salvation.
- ‘The author has pronounced traditional dispensationalism dead.’
- ‘Darby is credited with bringing premillennial dispensationalism to the United States.’
- ‘Not only had he retained his evangelical convictions, but made steady progress during those years - rejecting the Scofield Bible's dispensationalism and becoming convinced of the eternal security of the believer.’
- ‘Literal readings of the Bible predispose fundamentalists to adopt a theology that stresses premillennial dispensationalism, which means they believe in the Second Coming of Jesus as prophesied in the Bible.’
- ‘Fundamentalists reject a larger portion of secular society, maintain strong commitments to strict literalism, premillenial dispensationalism, and moral traditionalism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.