Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Belief in a system of historical progression, as revealed in the Bible, consisting of a series of stages in God's self-revelation and plan of salvation.
- ‘Fundamentalists reject a larger portion of secular society, maintain strong commitments to strict literalism, premillenial dispensationalism, and moral traditionalism.’
- ‘The author has pronounced traditional dispensationalism dead.’
- ‘Not only had he retained his evangelical convictions, but made steady progress during those years - rejecting the Scofield Bible's dispensationalism and becoming convinced of the eternal security of the believer.’
- ‘Darby is credited with bringing premillennial dispensationalism to the United States.’
- ‘Literal readings of the Bible predispose fundamentalists to adopt a theology that stresses premillennial dispensationalism, which means they believe in the Second Coming of Jesus as prophesied in the Bible.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.