One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of not being loyal to a person, country, or organization; unfaithfulness.‘an accusation of disloyalty and betrayal’
unfaithfulness, infidelity, inconstancy, faithlessness, fickleness, unreliability, untrustworthiness, breach of trust, breach of faith, betrayal, falseness, false-heartedness, falsityView synonyms
- ‘As a father himself he finds such disloyalty and betrayal completely unacceptable.’
- ‘It has been a cancer in the Labor Party, this disloyalty.’
- ‘The cocaine trade being so lucrative, it encouraged disloyalty and betrayal.’
- ‘The death and torture camps, barbaric prisons for political opponents and routine beatings for anyone suspected of disloyalty are well documented.’
- ‘By your historically unprecedented disloyalty, you have betrayed our trust.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.