One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Instead of action, lengthy passages are filled with florid adjectives in a series of vitriolic portraits of dislikeable passengers on a train.’
- ‘Brin later claimed he initially found Page dislikeable, although they formed a close bond that has served them both well.’
- ‘She is initially dislikeable but gradually reveals a more sensitive side, while Peter's negative characteristics are foregrounded as the journey unfolds.’
- ‘Many good daughters love fathers who are thoroughly dislikeable by any objective standard - and the world is a better and more stable place for it.’
- ‘There was something heroic in her blinkered self-belief, and for all her dislikeable qualities, audiences were irresistibly drawn to her.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.