One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device which allows a computer to read from and write on to computer disks.
- ‘A computer disk drive transducer head having spatially separated read and write heads is provided.’
- ‘As computers evolved and the need for faster access became a must for the business world, IBM invented the disk drive.’
- ‘The process is demanding, since it must drill down through multiple layers between the application and the disk drive.’
- ‘If you want me to learn something, plug my disk drive into your computer and download information into me.’
- ‘An actuator assembly is provided for a computer disc drive.’
- ‘The temperature of the hard disk drive was read with a thermometer tool.’
- ‘If the devices have a disk drive then they act as servers for the encryption keys and control the rights of the other, tethered devices.’
- ‘This software communicates directly to the disk drive, bypassing the operating system.’
- ‘A standard disk drive could not even hope to attempt this volume of accesses.’
- ‘With the new drive a hard disk drive is now the most durable and rugged peripheral in the industry.’
- ‘The disk and tape complement each other because the disk drive is still more likely to encounter failure relative to tape.’
- ‘The lab assistants will also show users how to store data and retrieve it from the public disk drive.’
- ‘In the past, when a disk drive was updated in a personal computer, the old disk drive was thrown away.’
- ‘Additionally, we have a common public disk drive in the computer lab area of the library where people can save their data to pick up in the lab.’
- ‘Still, there are ways of squeezing more performance out of a disk drive with a larger cache memory.’
- ‘A method for correcting read errors in a disk drive is also disclosed.’
- ‘In fact, the time it takes to restore an entire disk drive from an image can be measured in minutes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.