One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It also leads to a disjointedness to the missions.’
- ‘Instead, there is a disjointedness in the feeling that the listener can only expect the unexpected - but oddly enough, it rarely works to any sort of advantage by becoming truly surprising.’
- ‘Society, however, continues to encourage this disjointedness, teaching men obsolete codes of aggressive competition in a world that increasingly moves toward communication and cooperation.’
- ‘You can cut between the films without any sense of disjointedness.’
- ‘Nevertheless, the fluidity of the text is generally not powerful enough to overcome the greater sense of disjointedness and jumpiness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.