One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Instead, there is a disjointedness in the feeling that the listener can only expect the unexpected - but oddly enough, it rarely works to any sort of advantage by becoming truly surprising.’
- ‘Society, however, continues to encourage this disjointedness, teaching men obsolete codes of aggressive competition in a world that increasingly moves toward communication and cooperation.’
- ‘You can cut between the films without any sense of disjointedness.’
- ‘Nevertheless, the fluidity of the text is generally not powerful enough to overcome the greater sense of disjointedness and jumpiness.’
- ‘It also leads to a disjointedness to the missions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.