One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Undo the invention of.‘you can't disinvent nuclear power’
- ‘Some argue that this is a fantasy because nuclear weapons, and chemical and biological weapons, cannot be disinvented.’
- ‘The Siberians' survival as a nation, despite Communist rule and immigration, demonstrates ‘how hard it is to disinvent nationalities’.’
- ‘Participants were asked which innovation they'd most like to disinvent.’
- ‘If I could disinvent alcohol and cannabis, I'd be tempted to do it.’
- ‘Could Sydney - one of the great cosmopolitan cities of the world - really be disinvented in the name of progress?’
- ‘The problem is to be a thinking thing; the solution is to revert to a prethinking state, and even - in the most extreme voices in his fiction - to disinvent humanity itself.’
- ‘There is no way that what has been invented can be disinvented.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.