One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I saw a number of people crying at the veterans’ rally, and a number of people drifting around disinterestedly.’
- ‘I sighed and studied my pencil disinterestedly.’
- ‘American foreign policy has rarely been disinterestedly philanthropic.’
- ‘With no selfish motive, or desire to be awarded here or hereafter, quite disinterestedly have I devoted my life to the cause of independence, because I could not do otherwise.’
- ‘Even as Manuel reprimanded them during his speech, many sat there disinterestedly, napped or kept busy with other things.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.