One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘All I know is that they're addictive, and I could easily have eaten a few dishfuls of them had I not controlled myself.’
- ‘When she started eating dishfuls of high-fibre cereal, lean protein, low-fat dairy and lots of fruit and vegetables, she dropped 20 pounds and two dress sizes in two months.’
- ‘Sometimes a present was bestowed upon the one who ate his dishful first.’
- ‘To grow such a dishful of crystals is relatively easy.’
- ‘She boiled many yams, mashed them, and took a great dishful of them round the district.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.