One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Unfortunately, I found the film flat, banal, and dishearteningly conservative.’
- ‘It was a long, hard haul and the resultant catch, just a few kilos, seemed dishearteningly small.’
- ‘Sorin frowned and shook his head dishearteningly.’
- ‘As well as being dishearteningly unoriginal, these statements were also largely ineffectual.’
- ‘The main question I want to pose in the remainder of this essay is this: do these elements of the novel constitute a response to the private and public events that it so powerfully and dishearteningly presents in its central narrative?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.